A Study on Cloud Computing and Service Market: International Context with Reference to IndiaAuthor : P. K. Paul, Bashiru Aremu, P. S. Aithal, Ricardo Saavedra and Ripu Ranjan Sinha
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 52-56
Cloud computing is one of the emerging areas and components within the Information Technology space. Cloud Computing is a kind of virtualization techniques which is achieved by the internet and similar services. Cloud Computing is growing rapidly within Information Technology. This is responsible for the creation of a healthy virtual information technology infrastructure. Cloud Computing is very much important for distributing IT Infrastructure for the concerned organizations and its branches or sister organizations. Cloud Computing is rapidly moving towards the government and public sectors as well due to its benefits and opportunities. Cloud Computing is also called as Virtualization Technology. Within the support of Cloud Computing, there are many service models and types that are emerging viz. Software, Applications, Platforms and Operating Systems, Hardware and infrastructure, Contents and Information, etc. The emerging other technologies are also increasing and many of them relate to the Cloud Computing viz. Big Data, Analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), etc. The market of the cloud also depends on various other things and it is important to note that, apart from the existing established IT organizations and companies, there are many new specially dedicated cloud service providers also emerging rapidly. Cloud Computing Services and its emergence including the current market scenario is provided in this paper including some of the companies and their basic services as well.
Cloud Computing, Big Data, Service Oriented Architecture, Virtualization, Data Centre, Cloud Market, Cloud Technologies
- Adamuthe, A. C., Salunkhe, V. D., Patil, S. H., & Thampi, G. T. (2015). Cloud Computing–A market Perspective and Research Directions. International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science (IJITCS), 7 (10), 42-53.
- Alam, M. I., Pandey, M., & Rautaray, S. S. (2015). A comprehensive survey on cloud computing. International Journal of Information Technology and Computer Science (IJITCS), 7 (2), 68.
- Assante, D., Castro, M., Hamburg, I., & Martin, S. (2016). The use of cloud computing in SMEs. Procedia computer science, 83, 1207-1212.
- Channe, H., Kothari, S., & Kadam, D. (2015). Multidisciplinary model for smart agriculture using internet-of-things (IoT), sensors, cloud-computing, mobile-computing & big-data analysis. Int.J. Computer Technology & Applications, 6 (3), 374-382.
- Etro, F. (2015). The economics of cloud computing. In Cloud Technology: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications (pp. 2135-2148). IGI Global.
- Hou, X., Lu, Y., & Dey, S. (2017, July). Wireless VR/AR with edge/cloud computing. In 2017 26th International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN) (pp. 1-8).
- Kumar, D., Baranwal, G., Raza, Z., & Vidyarthi, D. P. (2017). A systematic study of double auction mechanisms in cloud computing. Journal of Systems and Software, 125, pp.234-255.
- Kumar, D., Samalia, H. V., & Verma, P. (2017). Factors influencing cloud computing adoption by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) In India. Pacific Asia Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 9 (3).
- Kumar, K. N., & Vasuja, R. (2018). A Novel Scheme of Computing: Green Cloud Computing. International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology IJSRCSEIT, 3 (3).
- Matos, R., Araujo, J., Oliveira, D., Maciel, P., & Trivedi, K. (2015). Sensitivity analysis of a hierarchical model of mobile cloud computing. Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, 50, 151-164.
- Meesariganda, B. R., & Ishizaka, A. (2017). Mapping verbal AHP scale to numerical scale for cloud computing strategy selection. Applied Soft Computing, 53, 111-118.
- Mitra, A., O’Regan, N., & Sarpong, D. (2018). Cloud resource adaptation: A resource based perspective on value creation for corporate growth. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 130, 28-38.
- Mokhtar, S. A., Al-Sharafi, A., Ali, S. H. S., & Al-Othmani, A. Z. (2016, May). Identifying the determinants of cloud computing adoption in higher education institutions. In 2016 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICICTM) (pp.115-119). IEEE.
- Nordin, N. B., Mir, R. N., & Noor, Z. (2017). Adoption of cloud computing in higher learning institutions: a systematic review. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 10, 36.
- Paul, Prantosh Kumar, D Chatterjee, R Rajesh, K S Shivraj (2014). Cloud Computing: Overview, Requirement And Problem In The Perspective Of Undeveloped And Developing Countries With Special Reference To Its Probable Role In Knowledge Network of Academic Field. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 9 (26), 8970-8974.
- Pau1,Prantosh Kumar, K L Dangwal (2014) Cloud Computing Based Educational Systems and its challenges and opportunities and issues. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, 15 (1), 89-98.
- Pau1,Prantosh Kumar, &Dipak Chaterjee (2012).Cloud Computing and Green Computing: Challenges & Issues in Indian perspective. Asian Journl of Computer Science and Technology, 1 (2), 50-54.
- Paul,Prantosh Kumar , Ajay Kumar, M Ghosh (2012) Cloud Computing: the 21st Century Friend for Virtualization. Procedinngs of International Confernce of Computer Applications and Software Engineering, International Confernces-CASE-2012, 37-40.
- Pau1,Prantosh Kumar, S Govindarajan, Dipak Chaterjee (2013) Cloud Computing: Emphasizing Hybrid Cloud Computing on Android Computing Platform-An OverviewInternational Journal of Applied Science and Engineering,1 (1), 21-28.
- Paul, Prantosh Kumar (2013). Cloud Computing: Its Opportunities and Advantages with Special Reference to Its Disadvantages- A Study. International Journal of Neural Network and Application,6 (2), 84-88.
- Paul, Prantosh Kumar (2013). Cloud platform and the Virtualised World: Take a look. International Monthly Refereed Journal of Research in Management & Technology, 2 (9), 112-119.
- Pereira, J., da Silva, E. O., Batista, T., Delicato, F. C., Pires, P. F., & Khan, S. U. (2017). Cloud adoption in brazil. IT Professional, 19 (2), 50-56.
- Rathod, K. R. (2016). Cloud Computing-Key Pillar for Digital India. International Journal of Information, 6, ( 1/2 ), 27-33.
- Samimi, P., Teimouri, Y., & Mukhtar, M. (2016). A combinatorial double auction resource allocation model in cloud computing. Information Sciences, 357, 201-216.
- Singh, J. (2017). Study on challenges, opportunities and predictions in cloud computing. International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science, 9 (3), 17.
- Tafsiri, S. A., & Yousefi, S. (2018). Combinatorial double auction-based resource allocation mechanism in cloud computing market. Journal of Systems and Software, 137, 322-334.
- Vidhyalakshmi, R., & Kumar, V. (2016). Determinants of cloud computing adoption by SMEs. International Journal of Business Information Systems, 22 (3), 375-395.
- Wease, G., Boateng, K., Yu, C. J., Chan, L., & Barham, H. (2018). Technology assessment: cloud service adoption decision. In Infrastructure and Technology Management (pp. 447-471). Springer, Cham.
- Wang, B., Qi, Z., Ma, R., Guan, H., & Vasilakos, A. V. (2015). A survey on data center networking for cloud computing. Computer Networks, 91, 528-547.
- Zhou, R., Li, Z., Wu, C., & Huang, Z. (2016). An efficient cloud market mechanism for computing jobs with soft deadlines. IEEE/ACM Transactions on networking, 25 (2), 793-805.