Asian Review of Social Sciences (ARSS)
A Study on the Attitude of the Hindu and Christian Secondary School Teachers of Malda and Murshidabad Districts, West Bengal, India towards Yoga Education in Schools in Relation to their Mental HealthAuthor : MD. Afsar Ali
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 14-22
This is a study on the attitude of the secondary school teachers towards yoga education in schools in relation to their religious belief and mental health. Stratified purposeful sampling method was used. A significant difference in attitude towards yoga education was observed at 0.01 level between Hindu and Christian secondary school teachers of Malda and Murshidabad districts, West Bengal, India. The Hindu teachers possessing better mental health show better attitude towards yoga education in comparison to their Christian counterpart. The male teachers of government schools from Hindu vs. Christian religious faith show significant difference in attitude towards yoga education than their female counterpart. No significant difference in attitude towards yoga education in schools was observed between the male and female private school teachers of Malda district. However, the reverse is true for Murshidabad district.
Attitude, Mental Health, Religion, Teacher, Yoga Education, India.
- Gandge, K.N., & Parihar, V.R. (2016). The Attitude of College Sports Participated Students Towards Yoga: A Study. International Referred Online Research Journals. http://onlineresearchjournalsssm.in/?p=6608
- Gray, A. (2013). Undergraduate Psychology Students’ Attitudes toward Yoga in the Classroom. Middle Tennessee State University: Ph.D. Thesis. http://gradworks.umi.com/15/38/1538323.html
- Kerketta, M., Yadav, I., & Yadav, S.K.S. (2016). Attitude of male and female students of Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya towards Yoga. International Journal of Physical Education and Sports, 1(1), 14-17.
- Khatun, A. (2016). A study on the attitude of teacher-students towards yoga education. International Journal of Yoga, Physiotherapy and Physical Education, 1(1), 38-39.
- Patel, M.K.M. (2017). Attitude towards Yoga among Primary teachers with regards to Gender, Area of Residence and Age. Journal of Information, Knowledge and Research in Humanities and Social, 4(2), 273-276.
- Singh, M.K. and Dubey, S. (2016). Analytic Study of Attitude towards Yoga between the Male Students of Selected Government and Private Schools of Bilaspur. International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health, 3(1), 250-251.
- Singh, Y.C. (2017). A Study of Yoga Attitude of Secondary School Students in South Tripura District. International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, 7(9), 233-239.