Access and Use of Electronic Information Resources by Faculties of RGUKT, Andra Pradesh: A StudyAuthor : D. Konappa
Volume 10 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 7-12
The research paper intends to determine the usefulness of e-resources to the faculties of Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies (RGUKT), and their skills in using various search methods and techniques to access and utilize these resources. The study further aims to investigate the level of satisfaction with the information accessed by the faculties through the available e-resources and various challenges faced by them in their field. The survey was conducted with the help of a questionnaire and personal interview. Questionnaire was distributed to a random sample of 88faculties from different fields of Science and Technology available at the time of study and the response rate was 75%. The responses received from the available faculties are presented in tables and figures and data is analyzed by using simple calculation of percentage method. The findings reveal that access and use of e-information is an important component of research activities for faculties, also qualitative and quantitative developed e-collections overcome conventional resources with the characteristic of fast accessibility.
E-resources, Search techniques, Search skills.
- Angello, C. (2010). The awareness and use of electronic information sources among livestock researchers in Tanzania. Journal of Information Literacy, 4 (2), 6-22.
- Konappa, D &Dasthagiri, D. (2014). Use of E-Resources by Faculty Members of Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati (A.P): An Analytical Study. Proceedings of the International Conference on Managing Libraries in the Changing Information world: From Surviving to Thriving, By Dr. Ramesha et al. February 22-24, 2014, Roorke. p.892-899.
- Konappa, D. (2014). Use of Electronic Information Resources in University Libraries of Tirupati (A.P): An Analytical Study. International Journal of Library and Information Science, 6 (1), 5-13.
- Kumar, S & Singh, M (2011). Access and use of electronic information resources by scientists of National Physical Laboratory in India: A case study.Singapore Journal of Library & Information Management, 40, 33-49.
- Madhusudhan, M. (2010). Use of electronic resources by research scholars of Kurukshetra University. The Electronic Library, 28 (4), 492-506.
- Watts, C., &Ibegbulam, I. (2005). Access to electronic healthcare information resources in developing countries: experiences from the Medical Library, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria’, World Library and Information Congress: 71st IFLA General Conference and Council “Libraries – A voyage of discovery”, Oslo, Norway.
- Zhang, L., Ye, P., & Liu, Q. (2011). A survey of the use of electronic resources at seven universities in Wuhan, China. Program: electronic library and information systems, 45 (1), 67-77.