Blue Ocean Strategies and Indian CompaniesAuthor : K. Sreeja
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 23-26
The Blue Ocean Strategy is relatively a new concept propounded by Kim and Mauborgne in 2005 in their famous book “Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant”. Blue oceans are the unexplored market space where no competition exists at present. This is a concept paper based on content exploration and no scientific enquiry is carried out as part of this study. The present paper explains the concept of Blue Ocean Strategy by illustrating the examples of some companies using this strategy.
Red Ocean, Blue Ocean, ERRC Grid, Cirque du Soleil, Net Jets, Naukri.com, Twenty20 Cricket, Tata Nano
- Blue Ocean Strategy. (2015). Retrieved from www.blueoceanstrategyaustralia.com.
- Cirque du Soleil. (2015). Retrieved from https://www.cirquedusoleil.com.
- Faruque, S. (2012, October 11). Tata Nano-A Case study Analysis.
- Frankenberger, K., Gassmann, O., & Michaela Csik, M. (2014). The St. Gallen Business Model Navigator. University of St.Gallen: FT Publishing International.
- Gorrell, C. (2005). Strategy & Leadership. Quick takes, 64-70.
- Hendrikz, D. (2014, November). Introduction to Blue Ocean Strategy. Retrieved from www.derekhendrikz.com.
- Kabukin, D. (2014, August 19). Reviewing the Blue Ocean Strategy Is the Blue Ocean Strategy valid and reliable?
- Kim, W. C., & Mauborgne, R. (2005). Blue Ocean Strategy How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant.
- Kim, W. C., & Mauborgne, R. (2005). Blue Ocean Strategy:From Theory to Practice. California Review Management, 47(3), 105-121.
- (2015). netjets. Retrieved from www.netjets.com.
- Nicolas, G. (2011). The evolution of strategic thinking and practices: Blue Ocean Strategy .
- Perret, S. (2014, June 2). Blue Oceans and Other Big Ideas.
- Standard, B. (2009, November). business-standard. Retrieved from www.business-standard.com.
- Tata Motors. (2015). Retrieved from www.tatamotors.com.
- (2015). Retrieved from www.ukessays.com.
- Wikipedia. (2015). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naukri.com.
- Wikipedia. (2015). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty20.