Cloud Based Secured Log Retrieval Using Fully Homomorphic EncryptionAuthor : B. Rasina Begum and P.Chithra
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 13-17
Cloud computing provides a scalable platform for growing amount of data and processes that work on various applications and services by means of on-demand service providing. The storage services offered by clouds have become a new profit growth by providing a comparably cheapest, scalable, location-independent platform for managing users’ data. Client uses the cloud storage and enjoys the high-quality applications and services from a shared pool of configurable computing resources using cloud services. It reduces the trouble of local data storage and maintenance. But it gives severe security threats toward users’ outsourced data. Maintaining the log record securely over extended period is very crucial to the proper functioning of any organization. Log holds the record of system events specially user activities. It is the main target for malicious attackers. An attacker, breaking into a system would not try to leave traces of his or her activities behind. This proposed work mainly concentrates on the problem of log security in cloud computing system and using fully homomorphism encryption algorithm in the cloud computing log data.
Cloud Security; Logging; Fully Homomorphic Encryption; Decipherment
- Kent and M. Souppaya, “Guide to Computer Security Log Management”, NIST Special Publication.
- Feng Zhao, Chao Li and Chun Feng Liu, “A cloud computing security solution based on Fully homomorphic encryption”, ICACT2014, February 2014
- Varadharajan and U.Tupakula , “Security as a Service Model for Cloud Environment”, IEEE transactions onNetwork and Service Management, Vol. 11, No 1, March 2014
- Indrajit Ray, Kirill Belyaev, Mikhail Strizhov, Dieudonne Mulamba, and Mariappan Rajaram, “Secure Logging as a Service-Delegating Log Management to the Cloud”, IEEE Systems Journal, Vol. 7, No. 2, June 2013
- Shahank Bajpal and Padmija Srivastava, “A Fully Homomorphic Encryption Implementation on cloud Computing”, International Journal of Information & Computation Technology, 4, No. 8, 2014
- Maha Tebaa, Saïd El Hajji and Abdellatif El Ghazi, “Homomorphic Encryption Applied to the Cloud Computing Security”, World Congress on Engineering, 2012
- Badugu Rajeswari and Badugu Suneel Kumar, “CLASS: Cloud Log Assuring Soundness and Secrecy scheme for cloud Forensics”, International Journal of Engineering Technology Science and Research, Vol. 6, No. 7, July 2019.