Design and Development of Can Crushing MachineAuthor : Rahul Chakule, Supriya Patil, and Poonam Talmale
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 25-28
A can crusher machine is used to crush the cans for storing in bin efficiently. The crushing of cans plays a significant role in economy and ultimately helps to society. The process of cans crushing is also human and environment friendly. From literature studies it was learnt that the existing cans crushing machines are automated and can overcome the limitation of manually crushing but cost of automated cans crushing machine is high. In present study, the can crusher machine is developed economically which is automatic and eco-environment friendly. The experiments were conducted for finding the optimal pressure and force values required for effectively crushing the cans. This work helps to increase the storing capacity of cans for user. Thus, transportation cost reduces significantly due to process improvement efficiency.
Automation, Cans, Crush Size, Design Consideration, Productivity.
- Bhaskar and M. Yohan, “Design and fabrication of solar powered can crushing machine,” International Journal of Technical Innovation in Modern Engineering and Science, Vol. 3, No. 10, pp. 98-102, 2017.
- Senthil Kannan, D. Naveen Prasad, R. Nirmal Kumar, and R.S. Premvishnu, “Design of mechanical crushing machine,” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 921-926, 2016.
- Kshirsagar and S. Choudhary, “An automatic can or plastic bottle crusher machine,” International Journal for Scientific Research and Development, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 66-68, 2014.
- S. Shinde, A.D. Landge A.K. Biradar, and S.M. Kondawar, “Design and fabrication of aluminum tin can crusher,” in 2017 International Conference on Ideas, Impact and Innovation in Mechanical Engineering (ICIIIME), 2017, Vol. 5, No. 6, pp. 39-44.
- Rajesh et al., “Design and fabrication of can crusher,” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, No. 8, pp.105-110, 2016.
- Sontakke et al., “Design and fabrication of automatic can crusher,” International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, Vol. 2, No. 7, pp. 219-223, 2016.
- SayedJafar and ShaikhNadeem, “Fully automatic can crusher,” International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Technology, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 155-159, 2015.
- P. Patel and K.S. Parmar “Swing jaw plate in jaw crusher machine,” International Journal of Engineering Development and Research, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 123-127, 2016.
- E. Ikpe, and O. Ikechukwu, “Design of used PET bottles crushing machine for small scale industrial applications,” International Journal of Engineering Technologies, Vol.3, No. 3, pp. 156-168, 2017.
- Darshan and S. Gururaja, “Design and fabrication of crusher machine for plastic wastes,” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 10, pp. 55-58, 2017.
- Nagarajan, S. Srinivasan and A. Balthilak, “Design and fabrication of cane crushing machine,” International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research, Vol. 4, No. 7, pp. 6-12, 2017.
- Vimal Kumar et al., “Design and fabrication of the double acting can crush machine,” International Journal of Novel Research and Development, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 86-90, 2017.
- Elfasakhany, J. Marquez, E. Rezola, and J. Benitez, “Design and development of an economic autonomous beverage cans crusher,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 107-122, 2012.
- Husain, and M. Sheikh, “Can crusher machine using scotch yoke mechanism,” in 2014 International Conference on Advances in Engineering & Technology (ICAET), pp. 60-63,2014.
- Mahadevan, and K. Balaveera Reddy, Design data handbook for Mechanical Engineers, 4th Ed., CBS Publishers and distributors, India, 2013.