The Asian Review of Civil Engineering (TARCE)
Design and Development of Fertilizer Spraying and Weed Removal MachineAuthor : M.R.Rawal, OmkarPowar, Pratiksha Pawar, Shwetakshirsagar and KamleshMulik
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 47-52
In order to meet the food requirements of the growing population and rapid industrialization, modernization of agriculture practices is need of today and crucial one. Mechanization enables the conservation of inputs through precision in metering, ensuring the better distribution and reduces the quantity required for better response. In addition to that it prevents the losses or wastage of inputs applied. Mechanization reduces unit cost of production through higher productivity and optimized input. Though modernization is done in agriculture field, many farmers are using the traditional methods and equipment for weeding and fertilizer spraying. The spraying is traditionally done by labor carrying backpack type sprayer which requires more human effort or it is done by fertilizer spraying unit tractor, which is not affordable and suitable for many agricultural fields as per the cultivation. Weeding is usually done with the help of bulls, which is very costly for farmers with small arable land. To overcome these above two problems a machine is developed on which both the tasks are performed simultaneously and beneficial to the farmer for the spraying and weeding operations.
Sprayer, Weed Removal, Equipment, Fertilizer
- Varun Salian, Gaurav Sakalgaonkar and Aashna Pawar , “Design Considerations of a Cycle Mounted Agricultural Sprayer.” International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181 IJERTV3IS110566 Vol. 3, No.11, Nov.2014.
- G.Jadhav and Prof.J.K.Sawale, “Design and Fabrication of Manually Operated Weeder with Pesticides Sprayer.” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) ISSN: 2395-0072, Vol .3, No. 12, Dec .2016.
- Sandeep H. Poratkar and Dhanraj R. Raut “Development of multi nozzle pesticides sprayer pump”, International journal of Modern Engineering Researc”, ISSN: 2249-6645, Vol.3, No.2, pp.864- 868, April-2013.
- Laukik P. Raut, Smit B. Jaiswal and Nitin Y. Mohite, “Design, development and fabrication of agricultural pesticides sprayer with weeder”, International Journal of Applied Research and Studies, Vol.2, No. 11, pp.1-8, 2013
- Ramesh and H. P. Girishkumar, “Agriculture Weeder Equipments: A Review,” International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research, Vol. 3, No.7, pp.1987-1992, 2014
- Dhiraj N. Kumbhare, Vishal Singh, Prashik Waghmare, Altaf Ansari, Vikas Tiwari and Prof. R.D. Gorle,“Fabrication of Automatic Pesticides Spraying Machine”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), ISSN: 2395-0072, Vol. 3, No.4, Apr.2016.
- K.Das, Ramanjit Kaur, Rishi Raj, KapilaShekhawat, Raj Singh and Anil K. Choudhary “Weed management in pigeonpea-based cropping systems”, Indian Journal of Weed Science, Vol.47, No.3 , pp. 267–276, 2015.