Asian Review of Mechanical Engineering (ARME)
Development of Arduino UNO Based Automated Storage and Retrieval SystemAuthor : Anuradha S. Parab and P. N. Gore
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 5-12
Automated storage and retrieval system (AS/RS) is prototyped to take account of effect of various dwell point strategies and locations of input-output station on expected travel time and throughput of system. The effect of shape function on expected cycle time and throughput of system. Arduino UNO microcontroller is used to control and operate storage and retrieval functions. Arduino UNO software provides complete package of flexible programming platform for control operation of input output devices. Android interfacing to control system provides smarter rand easily accessible human control panel.
Automated storage and retrieval system, Arduino UNO microcontroller, Expected cycle time Dwell point strategy.
- R. Vasili, S.H. Tang, S.M. Homayouni, and N. Ismail, “Comparison of Different Dwell Point Strategies for Split Platform Automated Storage and Retrieval System”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 91-106, 2006.
- Mohammadreza Vasili, Mehadi Vasili, Reza Raminfar, Pooria Matoorian, “A Closed Form Model for Travel Time of Split Platform Automated Storage and Retrieval System Equipped with Two Input/ Output Stations”, 9th International Conference of Modelling, Optimization and Simulation, June 06-08,2012.
- Mohammadreza Vasili, Seyed Mahdi Homayouni, “Load Shuffling and Travel Time Analysis of Miniload Automated Storage and Retrieval System with an Open Rack Structure”, Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Computers & Industrial Engineering, pp.900-905, January 2011.
- Po-Hsun Kuo, Ananth Krishnamurthy, Charles J. Malmborg, “Models for Unit Load Storage and Retrieval Systems Using Autonomous Vehicle Technology and Resource Conserving Storage and Dwell Point Strategies”, Applied Mathematical Modeling, Vol.31, 2007, pp. 2332–2346.
- Tone Lerher, Matjaz Sram, Janez Kramberger, Iztok Potrc, Matej Borovinsek, Blaz Zmazek, “Analytical Travel Time Models for Multi Aisle Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems”, International Journal Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol.30, pp.340–356, 2006.
- Yaghoub Khojasteh, Ghamari, Shouyang Wang, “A Genetic Algorithm for Order Picking in Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems with Multiple Stock Locations”, IEMS 4, No. 2, pp. 136-144, December 2005.
- Ya-Hong Hu, Shell Ying Huang, Chuanyu Chen, Wen-Jing Hsu, Ah Cheong Toh, Chee Kit Loh, Tiancheng Song, “Travel Time Analysis of A New Automated Storage and Retrieval System”, Computers & Operations Research, 32, pp. 1515–1544, 2005.
- Yavuz A. Bozer, John A. White, “Travel-Time Models for Automated Storage/ Retrieval Systems”, IIE Transactions, Vol. 16, No.4, pp.329-338, 1984.
- Zaki Sari, Adel M. Hamzaoui, “Optimization of a Single Machine Flow Rack AS/RS for Minimum Expected Travel Time”, 11th IFAC Workshop on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, The International Federation of Automatic Control, May 22-24, 2013.