Experimental Investigation on Performance of Vapor Compression Refrigeration System using Nanorefrigerant (R134a+Al2O3) with Evaporative CondenserAuthor : Niraj N. Raja and Avinash D. Khanderao
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 45-49
In traditional refrigeration system the focus of researchers is always to improve its performance by reducing work of compression & enhancing the heat transfer rate in different heat exchangers and this can be achieved by adopting suitable technique. In this research work experiment is carried out on vapor compression refrigeration test rig using nanorefrigerant of R134a as base refrigerant and nanoparticles of aluminium oxide Al2O3 in different concentration so that variation in heat transfer rate can be observed. The different concentration of Al2O3 (gm/litre) in R134a were prepared, studied, and tested experimentally in VCR test rig. The test rig consists of evaporative condenser as conventional air-cooled condenser does not perform well in hot and dry climatic conditions. This evaporative air cooling offers desired heat rejection rate in condenser at high pressure and enhances system performance. The investigations show that nano refrigerant (R134a+ Al2O3 0.5gm/L Concentration & 50-60nm size) with evaporative condenser recorded the highest coefficient of performance among all other combination of nanorefrigerant. This indicates that nanorefrigerant can be safely experimented without any blockage or difficulty. The conventional VCR system operated with evaporative condenser without nanorefrigerant also shows improvement in performance compared to simple VCR with air cooled condenser. This system is suitable for hot and dry climate conditions.
VCR System, Nanorefrigerant, Evaporative cooling, COP.
- A. Onakade et al, “Experimental Performance of the Energetic Characteristics of a Domestic Refrigerator with Al2O3 Nanolubricant and LPG Refrigerant,”Journal of Physics, doi:10.1088/1742-6596/1378/4/042083, 2019.
- G Senthilkumar, K Saravanan and K AjayKumar,“Materials Science and Engineering (197)012028,” Investigation on Nano Refrigeration, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/197/1/012028,2017
- Anish, G. Senthil Kumar, N. Beemkumar, B. Kanimozhi and T. Arunkumar, “Performance study of a domestic refrigerator using CuO/AL2O3-R22 nanorefrigerant as a working Fluid,” International Journal of Ambient Energy, articlelink: https://doi.org/10.1080/01430750.2018.1451376
- Pravesh Kumar Kushwaha, Pavan Shrivastava and Ashish Kumar Shrivastava, “Experimental Study of Nanorefrigerant (R134a+Al2O3) Based on Vapor Compression Refrigeration System,” International Journal of Mechanical And Production Engineering, ISSN: 2320-2092 Vol.4, No.3, Mar.2016.
- Amrat Kumar Dhamneya, S.P.S. Rajput and Alok Singh, “Comparative performance analysis of ice plant test rig with TiO2-R- 134a nano refrigerant and evaporative cooled condenser,” Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, Vol.11, 55-61, 2018
- S Adeleken, O.S.Ohunakin, Jatinder Gill, O.E.Atiba, I.P.Okokpujie and A.A.Atiyaro, “Experimental Investigation on vapor compression refrigeration system with 15nm TiO2-R600a nanorefrigerant as a working fluid”, 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing (SMPM 2019) Procedia Manufacturing, Vol.35, pp. 1222-1228, 2019.
- Damola S. Adelekan, Olayinka S. Ohunakin, Taiwo O. Babarinde, Moradeyo K. Odunfa, Richard O. Leramo, Sunday O. Oyedepo and Damilola C. Badejo, “Experimental performance of LPG refrigerant charges with varied concentration of TiO2 nano-lubricants in a domesticrefrigerator”articlelink:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.csite.2016.12.002 ,Case Studies in Thermal Engineering ,Vol.9 ,pp.55–61,2017
- Pitchia Krishnan, R. Vijayan, K. Gokulnath, S. Vivek, and G. Sathyamoorthy, “Experimental analysis of a vapour compression refrigeration systemby using nano refrigerant (R290/R600a/Al2O3)” DOI: 10.1063/1.5117995, International Conference on Materials, Manufacturing and Machining 2019 AIP Conference Proceedings · July 2019.