Asian Journal of Managerial Science (AJMS)
Impact of Responsible Leadership on Organizational BehaviourAuthor : Sankar Rajeev
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 36-41
Employees have feelings, attitudes, values, moods and emotions which when directed in the desired manner leads to organizational effectiveness. One of the foremost contributions of a manger is leadership, because all organizations thrive on human resource as a vital factor. Success of a leader or ability to undertake risk management is an epitome of organization and its behavior, characterized by the leader, group and structure. Organizational environment thus created has evolved a dynamic condition which has given rise to a relatively innovative concept “Responsible leadership” considering maturity level of the group. This is not a theoretical framework but an approach to leadership. Responsible leadership advances the existing definitions of leadership and this research proposes to analyze the impact on organizational behavior.
Responsibility, Leadership, Organizational Behavior, Emotion, Multi-Cultural Society
- EH Schein, Role of Founder in creating organizational culture” Organizational Dynamics (Summer 1983), 13-18.
- Yukl G. (2006). Leadership in Elsevier, New York.
- Martinko MJ, Moss SE, Douglas SC, Borkowski N. (2007). Anticipating the inevitable: When leader and member attribution styles clash. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Process. 104, 158-174
- Boyatzis [Boyatzis Richard Ivy Business Journal January/February 2011, Neuroscience and Leadership: The Promise of Insights]
- Kumar (2003). Has India Inc. failed in playing the Leadership role? Vikalpa, 28, 1- 14
- Bass BM, (1990) Bass and Stogdill’s handbook of leadership. Free Press, New York.
- Mintzberg H. (1998). Covert leadership: Notes on managing professionals. Harvard business review. 76,140-148.
- Rosier RH. (1997). the competency model handbook. Linkage, Lexington,
- Rowley J, Mayfield MR, Kopf J. (1998). Effects of leader motivating language on subordinate performance and satisfaction. Human Resource management, 37, 235-248.
- Punia BK. (2005). Impact of Demographic variables on Emotional Intelligence and Leadership behavior. Journal of Organizational Behavior.