Asian Journal of Managerial Science (AJMS)
Insights of Work-Life Balance: Crafting Enterprise SuccessAuthor : Manodip Ray Chaudhuri, KausikChakraborty and SmitaChatterjee
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 25-29
Some say that “Managers are born and not made” whereas few are of the opinion that “Some are born with it and some imbibe it”. Gone are the days when education was treated as a mere product and not a wholesome process. In today’s rapidly changing world, the emphasis is on how the budding managers and students can tackle a situation and can apply their knowledge through an effective teaching and learning process. In today’s managerial world, the element of work-life balance is one of the key factors for the employees to achieve success. Keeping this in mind, we can see that organizations have devised various policies, programs and initiatives to help their employees to achieve the work-life balance between the work commitments and family responsibilities. The effectiveness of such programs and initiatives depends upon the extent of usage by the employees to achieve work-life balance. It has been found that outcome-based education will play a major role in establishing a proper work-life balance in the days to come. Taking these aspects into consideration; this paper tries to study the effect of the outcome- based education on the professional world; to find out how the various skills acquired through outbound learning systems can be effective in professional practice. The paper would deal with the concept of work-life balance in this regard.
Work, life, balance, outcome, education, employees, organizations, enterprises
- Brandt, R. (1994b). An Overview of Outcome Based Education, Curriculum of Handbook
- Brandt, R. (1994b). Is outcome-based education dead? Educational Leadership, 51(6), 3.
- Bourne, Lynda and Walker, H.T. Derek. (2004). The Learning Organization, 11(3).
- Darling-Hammond, L. (1994b). Performance based assessment and educational equity, Harvard Educational Review, 64(1), 5-30.
- Fitzpatrick, K. A. (1991). Restructuring to achieve outcomes of significance for all students, Educational Leadership, 48(8), 18-22.
- Glatthorn, A. A. (1993). Outcome-based education: reform and the curriculum process, Journal of Curriculum and Supervision,8 Summer, 354-363
- Hansen, J.M. (1989). Outcome-based education: A smarter way to assess student learning, Clearing House, 63(4), 172-4.
- Haack, M. K. (1994). Defining outcomes for guidance and counseling, Educational Leadership, 51(6), 33-35.
- Jasa, S. & Enger, L. (1994). Applying OBE to arts education, Educational Leadership, 51(6), 30-32.
- Leiter, M.P., &Maslach, C. (2000). Preventing Burnout and Building Engagement: A Complete Program for Organizational Renewal, San Francisco: Jossey Bass
- McGhan, B. (1994). The possible outcomes of outcome-based education, Educational Leadership, 51(6), 70-72.
- Muzio, D., Leblebici, H., Brock, David, M., (2014). Understanding professionals and their workplaces: The mission of the Journal of Professions and Organizations, Journal of Professions and Organizations.
- Oliver, J. (1992). Assessment in competency-based training: some benefits of considering terminology, Forum for Research into Competency Based Assessment Issues, Sydney, NSW TAFE Commission, 1993.
- Tracey, J.B., Hinkin, T.R., Tannenbaum, S.I., & Mathieu, J.E. (2001). The influence of individual characteristics and the work environment on varying levels of training outcomes, Human Resources Development Quarterly, 15, 5-24.
- Spady, W.G., &Marshall, K.J. (1991). Beyond traditional outcome-based education, Educational Leadership, 49(2), 67-72.
- Spady, W.G. (1994). Outcome-Based Education: Critical Issues and Answers, The American Association of School Administrators: Arlington, Virginia, USA.
- Zapf, D., Seifert, C., Schmutte, B., Mertini, H. (2001). Emotion work and job stressors and their effects on burnout.
- https://www.tcs.com/content/dam/tcs/pdf/discover-tcs/digital reimagination/TCS_Digital_Reimagination_Studio_Booklet.pdf
- outlife.in (Outdoor Management Development), en.wikipedia.org (Outdoor education)