Asian Journal of Computer Science and Technology (AJCST)
Linear Regression Approach to Predict Crop YieldAuthor : R. Murugan, Flaize Sara Thomas, G.GeethaShree , S. Glory and A. Shilpa
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 40-44
The agriculture plays a very big and important role for the country’s growth. The agriculture science system facing lots of problems from the environmental change. Machinelearning (ML) is the best approach to overcome the problems by building the good and effective solutions. Crop yield prediction include prediction of yield for the crop by analyzing the existing data by considering several parameters like weather, soil, water and temperature etc. This project addresses and defines the predicting yield of the crop based on the previous year’s data using Linear Regression algorithm. The approach of this project is to solve the problem of cost loss. Real agricultural data is used for making the models and the models tested with the samples. The prediction model will help the end users (farmers) to predict the crop yield before cultivation of the crop onto the agricultural field. To predict the accurate results Linear Regression machine algorithm is used. The presence of large dataset will help to improve the decision making model.
Regression algorithm, Machine Learning, Crop Yield Prediction
- Nagini, DR.Rajinikanth and V.Kiranmayee, Agriculture yeild prediction using predictive analytic techniques, 2016.
- Veenadhari, DR.Bharat Mishra and DR.CD Singh Soybean productivity modeling using decision tree algorithm, 2011.
- Ms Shreya V Bhosale al Crop yield prediction using data analytics and hybrid approach, 2018.
- Bhanumathi etc.al, Crop yield prediction and efficient use of fertlizers, 2019.
- Yogesh Gandge and Sandhya, A study on various data mining techniques for crop yield prediction,
- Manjula and S.Djodiltachoumy, A study on a model of prediction of crop yield, 2017.
- MonaliPaul and Santhosh K Vishwakarma. Analysis of soil behaviour and prediction of crop yield using DataMining Application, 2015.
- Suresh and P. Ganesh Kumar, etc,Prediction of major crop yields of Tamil Nadu using K-means and Modified KNN,2018