Role of DELNET in Engineering College Libraries: With Special Reference to Islamic Management Colleges of Tamil NaduAuthor : N. Abdul Latheef and T.K. Thiruvengadamani
Volume 10 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 13-17
This paper studies to determine the availability of DELNET electronic resources in Islamic Management engineering college libraries of Tamil Nadu. The objective of the study is to inspect the availability, usage, awareness, and level of satisfaction of DELNET resources in Libraries. Methodology- adopted to identify the Islamic Management engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu. A systematic Questionnaire has prepared and distributed to selected colleges of Tamil Nadu. Total 1000 questionnaires were distributed among them 864 were received back and considered for analysis. SPSS Software version2.0 applied for the analysis of data. Findings of the study reveal that 90% of the colleges were subscribing to DELNET resources and users are very well known about the DELNET resources, in case of level of usage 112 respondents that are 15.5% accessing the DELNET resources. Suggestions were given to conduct proper orientation, user awareness, retrieval techniques about the DELNET access resources and a regular internet connection, and high bandwidth network facility to be provided.
DELNET, Electronic resources, and Islamic Management Engineering colleges
- Rao, N Laxman (2006). Knowledge-Sharing Activities in India. Library Trends, 54 (3), 463-484.
- Roopa, E & Putta Swamy, R M (2017, November). Evaluation of Engineering Institutions librarian’s Endeavours in the provision of E-resources and its services: with special reference to Karnataka state, International conference on future of libraries: from promises to practice. Bengaluru, India: Indian Statistical Institute.
- Srinivasalu, P (2018) Users’ perception of Information Sources and Services at Vardhaman College of Engineering (Autonomous) Library, Hyderabad: A Case Study, Library Philosophy and Practice, 1, 1-14.
- Sundareswari, S (2015) Use of E-resources available from DELNET, New Delhi: A Study, International Journal of library and information studies, 53 (3), 109-113.
- Retrieved from www.delnet.nic.in