University Performance Satisfaction: A Student Experience in the PhilippinesAuthor : Kingie G. Micabalo, Jesszon B. Cano and Ryan D. Montilla
Volume 9 No.2 July-December 2020 pp 29-5
Student satisfaction is a factor to consider for a University in estimating its productivity and adequacy. It impacts not just how much an understudy appreciates time at college yet also estimates scholastic execution. This examination assesses the degree of understudy satisfaction in a College. The investigation respondents were the 183 understudies from the University of Cebu Lapu and Mandaue utilizing descriptive technique on simple random inspecting. The examination uncovered that most understudies were happy with the nature of schooling, current scholarly encounters, and understudy administrations. It was presumed that although general understandings were fulfilled, an area for development is still evident. Besides, to guarantee the greatest satisfaction, the division instructors must not lose sight of reasonable incentives for nonstop quality schooling improvement endeavors. The college must give an opportunity to emphatically vie for candidates and take care of inquiries quicker than any time in recent memory through an enlistment framework, installment framework, and the accessibility of web-based media augmentation for understudy concerns.
Customer satisfaction, business and accountancy, descriptive study, Mandaue City, Philippines
- Alves and M. Raposo, “Conceptual Model of Student Satisfaction in Higher Education,” Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, Vol.18, No.5, pp.571-588. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3n0Uuwo, 2007.
- Y. Barry and M.A. Okun, Application of Investment Theory to Predicting Maintenance of the Intent to Stay among Fresh men. Journal of College Student Retention: Research, Theory & Practice, Vol. 13, No.1, pp.87-107. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3n23pOk, 2011.
- M. Brown, Mazzarol, T. W. “The importance of institutional image to student satisfaction and loyalty within higher education, “Higher Education, Vol.58, No.1, pp. 81-95. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3lPNCR6.
- Z.Butt and K. Rehman, “A study examining students’ satisfaction in higher education.” Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences,Vol.2, No.2, pp.5446-5450. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/33TbrS6, 2010.
- C.N. Castano and E. Cabanda, “Sources of Efficiency And Productivity Growth In The Philippine State Universities And Colleges: A Non-Parametric Approach,” International Business & Economics Research Journal (IBER), Vol.6, No.6. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3gmVmsR, 2007.
- T. Chen, “Theory-driven evaluation: Conceptual framework, application, and advancement. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2JB8hvj
- B. Chuia, M.S. Ahmadb, F.A. Bassimc and N.A. Zaimid, “Evaluation of Service Quality of Private Higher Education using Service Improvement Matrix,” Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences. pp. 132-140. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/39Z4aUi, 2016.
- D. Dagdag, H.G. Cuizon, A.O. Bete, “College students’ problems and their link to academic performance: Basis for needs-driven student programs,” Journal of Research, Policy & Practice of Teachers and Teacher Education, Vol.9, No. 2, pp.54-65. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/33QXC6q, 2019.
- Douglas, A. Douglas, B. Barnes, “Measuring student satisfaction at a UK university,” Quality Assurance in Education, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 251-267. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3lVnnZB, 2006.
- Donaldson, “Strategies and Applications: Program Theory-Driven Evaluation Science,” Hove, East Sussex BN3 2FA, New York: Routledge. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3mVZthH, 2012.
- M. Elliott and M.A. Healy, “Key Factors Influencing Student Satisfaction Related to Recruitment and Retention,” Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 1-11. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2VQSACB, 2001.
- M. Elliott, D. Shin, “Student Satisfaction: An alternative approach to assessing this important concept,” Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, Vol. 24, No.2, pp.197-209. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2IqXmnb, 2002.
- First Security, “Why Campus Security Is More Important than Ever,” Retrieved from https://bit.ly/36SRjRF
- Funnell and P.J. Rogers, “Purposeful Program Theory: Effective Use of Theories of Change and Logic Models,” Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3gskjmK, 2011.
- Gruber, S. Fuß, R. Voss and M. Gläser‐Zikuda, “Examining student satisfaction with higher education services. International Journal of Public Sector Management, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 105-123. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3ownNav, 2010.
- Hill, G. Roche and R. Allen, “The Customer Experience Through the Customer’s Eyes,” The Leadership Factor, 2007: 0955416116, 9780955416118. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/36UOekn, 2007.
- Jenny, “What is an enrollment system, and why does it matter,” Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3qCrTQi, 2018.
- Kadel, “Being Single at University Vs. Being in A Relationship,” Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2VPDahM, 2017.
- A. O’Neill and A. Palmer, “Importance‐performance analysis: A useful tool for directing continuous quality improvement in higher education,” Quality Assurance in Education, Vol.12, No.1, pp.39-52. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3lUGhjj, 2004.
- Pamatmat, “Service Quality Dimensions Of A Philippine StateUniversity And Students’ Satisfaction: Bridging Gaps To Excellence,” International Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 6, No.7, pp.673-681. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/39QNezq, 2018.
- Paula, Oja., Timo T. Kouri., and J. Arto Pakarinen. “From customer satisfaction survey to corrective actions in laboratory services in a university hospital,” International Journal for Quality in Health Care, Vol. 18, No. 6 Retrieved from https://bit.ly/39Mkfge,2006.
- S. Partnership, Study Hall Definition. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/36V0P6X, 2013.
- E. Peck, Why Chapel? Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3mZHGGz, 2016.
- Razinkina, L. Pankova, L.Trostinskaya, I. Pozdeeva, L. Evseeva and A. Tanova, “Student satisfaction as an element of education quality monitoring in an innovative higher education institution,”. EDP Sciences, Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2JZoIkM, 2018.
- Robinson, “Good Reasons to Go to College at 18 Years of Age,” Retrieved from https://bit.ly/39QWdRa,
- R. Salinda and S. Lalitha Fernando, “Students’ Satisfaction in Higher Education in Literature Review,” American Journal of Educational Research.2017, Vol. 5, No.5,pp.533-539.Retrievedfrom ttps://bit.ly/2VTWyKC, 2017.
- Saunders, “Implementation of Monitoring and Process Evaluation,” The United States of America: SAGE Publications, Inc. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3qCqUPT, 2015.
- A. Stanley and M.L. Quellett, “Helped students to interpret subject matter from diverse perspectives,” Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2Le1GHr, 2019.
- Vanitha, “Customer Relationship Management on Customer Satisfaction,” International Journal of Scientific Research, Vol.3, No.4, pp.1-3. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/39Q5lFA, 2012.