Use of WhatsApp Technology to Improve Understanding and Self Learning Ability of Engineering StudentsAuthor : Rajkumar D. Patil, Bahubali B. Kabnure and Vishal R. Balwan
Volume 9 No.1 January-June 2020 pp 28-31
In today’s academic system teaching has become more difficult and learning becomes so far lagging in the students. The students are now resistive with the traditional teaching methods. Some of the difficult concepts cannot be taught by using Chalk and Talk method. So, use of ICT tools and innovative teaching learning pedagogy becomes essential in engineering colleges. But due to lack of sufficient time, all methods cannot be implemented. In this research, WhatsApp technology is used for better understanding and self-learning of the difficult concepts. The impact of this method on the understanding of the participants is also analyzed.
Teaching, Self-learning, WhatsApp, Pedagogy, Videos, Survey.
- Jayashree Patil and Shubhangi kale, “Impact of ICT tools in logic development of computer programming skills”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations., Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 7-15, 2019.
- Adam J. Rock, William L. Coventry, Methuen I. Morgan and Natasha M. Loi , “Teaching Research Methods and Statistics in eLearning Environments: Pedagogy, Practical Examples, andPossible Futures”, Teaching Statistics in eLearning Environments., Vol. 7, pp. 1-11,2016.
- Asundi, “An archival-based flipped classroom implementation for enhancing the performance of academically struggling students”, Journal of Engineering Transformations., Vol. 33, No. 1,pp. 61-67,2019.
- Sachan, G. Bhadri and J. Kittur, “Design and development of concept of assessment tool (CAT): A concept Inventory”, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations., Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 16-21, 2019.
- Alexander Cuenca, “Self-Study Research: Surfacing the Art of Pedagogy in Teacher Education”, Journal of Inquiry & Action in Education., Vol. 3, No.2, 2010, pp. 15-29, 2019.
- Sanjay Jain and Vivek Nanoti, “Transforming Engineering Education in India by seeking motivations from Bharat”, , Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 23-34, 2016.
- Vedhathiri, “Desired Educational Ecosystem in the fast-growing educational institutes in India”, JEET., Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 7-11, 2019.